Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Comic Cats #30: 8-Bit Cat

This is one of the places I began. 8-Bit Theater was the first online comic that I read. It's finished, so you can read it in its entirety right now, if you so choose. It was and is a great mentor-comic to me; the creator went from doing his own little thing in his corner of the internet to writing for the Big Two and co-creating my favorite ongoing series (Atomic Robo) and contributing to one of my favorite podcasts (The Nerdy Show). There's a vast improvement from #1 to #1224, showing that 1. if you keep practicing you'll get better, 2. you don't need to hide the earlier stuff and 3. you don't need to re-do the old stuff either once you get better- you've already tread that ground, so go do something that will challenge you to get even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment